All members of the Area were recently welcomed to participate in a Policy Review Committee with the goal of updating the Area Guidelines to reflect our current standards and practices. The Committee drafted a list of proposed revisions, all of which were consolidated into six motions. As decided by the GSRs, these motions will be handled over the course of several months, with two motions being presented per month. Those motions, and a corresponding draft mark-up, will posted here each month. This month you will see Motions 1 & 2, as well as a draft mark-up of the related sections of our Area Policy. Please note, you will see green mark-ups in the margin, all related to housekeeping changes which will be addressed in a separate motion – Motions 1 & 2 are clearly indicated in RED in the body of the text.
If you have thought or questions related to the proposed motions, or the to NYC Area Policy in general, please don’t be shy about getting informed and involved! You can:
- Read up on the 12 Concepts and 12 Traditions that provide the foundation for our service structure and related policies
- Attend group business meetings and speak to experienced members
- Attend the NYC Area Service Committee Meeting, held on the 3rd Sunday of each month at the Regional Service Office
- Search the large body of service and policy-related information available on the NA World Services website (na.org)
- Contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
MOTION 1: Voted on 11/17/13: MOTION PASSED.
MOTION 2: Motion withdrawn for necessary editing – will be resubmitted at January ASC.
ILS, – Mari F. NYC Area Chair